Annual leave provides permanent and fixed term employees with recreational time away from the workplace. Employees accumulate 20 days Annual Leave each year, based on ordinary working hours.
- Primary Carer: 14 weeks paid leave
- Secondary Carer: 2 weeks paid leave
For more information on our Parental Leave policy, please see the ‘Parental Leave’ page.
Military / Defence Force Leave
Employees who have been notified in writing that they are required to serve in the Armed Forces Reserve, are eligible to apply for up to 2 weeks defence force leave.
Emergency Services Leave
Emergency services leave provides employees with 2 weeks paid leave from the workplace while fulfilling their emergency service obligations (e.g. the State Emergency Service).
Compassionate leave provides employees with paid leave during the difficult period following a life threatening injury or illness to, or the death of an immediate family or household member, including:
- your spouse / partner (including a former spouse / partner) including same sex relationships
- your child (including an adopted, foster, step or ex-nuptial child)
- you and your spouse’s parent, grandparent, grandchild or sibling.
Medibank Community Leave
Employees are encouraged to volunteer for community based organisations. Medibank Community leave allows employees to take paid leave to cover these activities during normal business hours.
Note: Some employee leave entitlements may vary based on eligibility and terms of employment.