Friday 15 June, 12:00pm
Medibank is aware of a data security incident experienced by HR technology provider PageUp that may impact Medibank job applicants and employees. PageUp is a third party supplier who manages the online recruitment systems for a range of companies including Medibank.
We suspended Medibank’s Careers page on 6 June as a precaution.
PageUp is yet to determine whether the personal information provided by Medibank job applicants and employees has been compromised.
The personal information that may be potentially compromised includes:
- Full contact details
- Date of birth
- Financial details
- Tax File Number
- Diversity and health information
- Emergency contact information
- Conditions of offer and employment
- Right to Work and citizenship status
- Education and employment background
- Reference details
- Identity document details
What you can do to protect your information:
- Email email@example.com to request deletion of your Medibank PageUp profile. Please include all of the following details used at the time of your application (full name, address, email and phone number).
- If you have applied for jobs with other companies who use PageUp we recommend reaching out to them directly. Alternatively, you can contact PageUp’s privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the deletion of your data.
- Change your PageUp password immediately.
- Change your passwords on other online services if you re-use the same password and enable second-factor authentication (where possible).
- Be aware of potential phishing emails and telephone calls from businesses or institutions requesting your personal details. Avoid opening attachments from unknown senders via email or social media.
- Consider subscribing to an identity monitoring service with one of the credit reporting agencies (including Dunn & Bradstreet and Equifax) approved by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
For further advice about securing and protecting your information, and what to do if you detect unusual activity on your accounts, please visit ACCC’s Scamwatch (https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/types-of-scams/attempts-to-gain-your-personal-information/identity-theft) and identity theft advisory service, ID Care www.idcare.org.
We take the privacy of our job applicants and employees very seriously and we’ll provide an update on this page as soon as more information becomes available.